04/17/2022

Hey, sorry for the late post, I know it's 12 am but please bare with me it has been a crazy last few days for me, and I mean that in the best way possible. Did I make a post on Thursday? If not, nothing really happened. Yesterday though was really wild, and so was today too (Saturday, as the time I'm writing this). I watched Star Wars for the first time (episode 4) and I gotta say, it's great, I really like that type of stuff but also I have to point this out because it gets on my nerves a lot. George Lucas. He's definitely a director! Visually speaking the first Star Wars movie is pretty mundane, it's not outstanding or anything, and from my research and just general perception, it seems people applauded the idea of Star Wars and it's story more than the look of the movie, which is completely fair, I ended up coming out the same way after watching it a few days ago, so I can't fault them for that. I think it just marks down to the (stupid) edits made in 1997 George Lucas made for the special edition DVD releases (which were released under 20th Century Fox) and how they look, now I'm all for director's having complete control over their movies and doing what they want but I do believe there should be some exceptions, which in that case is George Lucas. I'm going to flat out say this and I mean it with all my heart and sincerity, the added CGI added to A New Hope is god awful, it has no purpose being there and the fact it's there to begin with just shows how bad of a director George Lucas is and why he sold his company to Disney (which has milked the series to death like it's a cow with a disease). I don't know why I get irrationally angry at the additions, well it could be due to the fact they add literally nothing to the movie and are completely ugly looking and stick out like a black Blu-ray case in a row on a shelf, or a steel book, if you're gonna make edits to your movies 20 years after they were released, at LEAST make them look like they fit, and not whatever that monstrosity was. OH and the Han/Greedo scene, don't even get me started on that. I still can't believe George Lucas wanted David Lynch to direct a Star Wars film, it makes complete since though since around that time David Lynch just got off the success of The Elephant Man (great film for your information) but of course David Lynch declined, and rightfully so. Then David Lynch made Dune a few years later and it tanked, horribly. Do I come off cynical here? I'm really sorry if I do, let's move on to a happier topic. It's a tradition in my family that Easter is basically just a smaller Christmas, I don't know how and why it started but it's really no big deal to me, I like it this way regardless (mostly because of free stuff, I'll take as much of that as I can) and I received 2 things, one, a physical copy of Gyo, which is absolutely wonderful and you should pick up a copy when you have a chance, Junji Ito's art is much more chilling in person than you'd expect it to be. And second was a cameo from the actress who plays Lucy from Twin Peaks! If those who don't know, Twin Peaks is my favorite show of all time, and it's a piece of media I can't express my absolute love for, and at this rate would need like 12 blog posts that are all the size of novels to fully express how I truly feel (70% of it being about the home media releases) about the show. The cameo I received was 6½ minutes long which took me by surprise to find out, as well as it being really, really personal. My mother wrote out what to say and what not and she follow accordingly, then went on about unrelated but related things and it was the best, she truly acts like her character, and the way she acts is why she's one of my favorite characters in the show, like, behind Dale Cooper of course. It was fun watching it all and was genuinely great and I'm really happy about it. There was a few moments it felt incredibly surreal like it was from a David Lynch movie, but in the best way possible. Another thing that happened was, I am still as passionate about rambling about the media I like, I am super passionate about it and if you know me in person and set me on a topic I will talk your ear off about it, it's one of my qualities I assume, I'm very happy to have it though as talking about the things I like make me happy and I like being happy. The rest of the night wasn't really eventful, I showed my mother some episodes of Wonder Showzen which was fun, that show is a hit or miss in every episode though, there's gold in each episode but you gotta dig through the filth to find it, or in this case, appreciate what you find. There's some genuinely great bits though and the political commentary on America being told by kids is such a great concept. It's a shame most of the show is a hit or miss of the week though, it had so much potential. What else happened... Uhhh... I got some money too that day for yard work, and house work too. Yeah it wasn't that eventful but some key moments happened which was incredible, so I'm happy about that. Today was pretty good too, I ended up doing a few things that I really enjoyed. I will say the next few sentences will be long and that's on purpose. First, I went to a restaurant to eat, which yeah go figures what else are you supposed to do there? Hang out? Grow up. Anyways I ordered a chicken tender platter and I decided to keep the honey mustard on because I knew it was gonna be in a container since it came with the meal and I thought nothing of it, as you should. I should preface before I continue I absolutely HATE honey mustard, it tastes absolutely awful and has no purpose on Earth, just like pugs. It was all going so well until they brought my plate out, and would you believe the audacity of this tragic event I'm about to tell you. There was 2 tenders, dipped in the honey mustard, and or in. Now this might sound like whatever, and as of typing this I realized how unimportant it is to mention this but it's my blog let me be. Why, and in any universe would you ever do that. That's just unprofessional. Imagine ordering a fine deal, your absolute favorite meal to date, and it comes with sauce, as you expect it to be in its own little container on the side, but when you get it, it's all over your meal, sounds awful right? It's because it absolutely is. Now I will take responsibility for not taking it off, but in my defense a normal restaurant would have the condiment on the side, that's what expected. I don't know how else to preface saying this was just absolutely awful, I persevered though, surprisingly. I must have it good when honey mustard is my public enemy number one it seems. Our waitress was a girl who used to go to my school and I'm 90% sure she recognized who I was, there was something in her eyes that felt like "oh I've seen this person before" but she was looking at me in a weird, unexplainable way, it wasn't negative at all, no not at all, she was a great waitress, but I just can't find the right words to how she expressed towards me, maybe I'm looking way into it, or maybe it's a different person I'm thinking about. It's whatever though, great food though even if the honey mustard fiasco was the worst thing to happen to me in a month. Soon after the restaurant I went to this local arcade and it was genuinely fun, it was great. They had a Godzilla pinball machine that I must've spent like a large chunk of my time at, when you combine one of my favorite franchises, and one of my favorite games, you bet I'm going to be all over it, and I was apparently, which I'm happy with I'm so happy I got to play it as much as I did. Everytime a round ended it played a clip from one of the Showa era films, more specifically Son of Godzilla for some reason, it's really the oddest movie to choose from for clips, especially for a pinball machine themed around Godzilla. It had to be a sign though as I had on my Godzilla 2000 shirt, one of, if not my favorite shirt that I own at the moment. I also played some other games like the Mario And Sonic At The Olympics machine they had there which I got first overall in the running game, which is impressive considering it's the easy one ever. The goal was to real a certain amount of distance (I completely forgot) in 13 seconds and I got it in 9, which is the fastest anyone has gotten it, so congrats on me I suppose. They had Tetris, although it was the 1985 version so it was pretty bad, no hold button and it was slow. I'm fully aware of the speed at the beginning of Tetris as it rapidly speeds up because it's based on a level system, but Jesus Christ it's like a sloth was possessing the game, so I quit like 1 minute in, I got a line in though so cheers to that. I played some other games but I mostly stuck with Godzilla pinball as my go to. The hallway where the bathroom was is pretty cool though, it had a bunch of movie posters to movies from the 80s (your typical 80s teen movies and whatever is referenced in pop culture nowadays) but they had something in particular that really irked me. They had a poster of Airplane, great movie and completely understandable, but two Weird Science posters. Now I enjoy Weird Science as much as the next person but you do NOT need two posters, one is completely fine, in fact, they should replace that with a poster of Naked Gun, the first one. That movie is infinitely better than Weird Science and is genuinely great, it deserves a spot on the wall over another Weird Science. That's that rant for today, they had a backroom and it was pretty bland, just 2 more games and a few pinball machines, which is pretty uneventful. After the arcade I scooted my way to the movie theater (which was right next to the arcade) and saw Sonic The Hedgehog 2. I will live and die on the heel that the Sonic movies are genuinely great pieces of work, I absolutely loved the first one and this one is just as good, which makes me really happy. There's not much to say as I'll spoiler it but please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch the thing, it's worth it if you love having fun watching media like that, I absolutely had a blast, I couldn't restrain the excitement I had at some scenes, it's just that good. Although some corny one liners from Sonic existing, but like who cares it's funny. The ending scene is mind-blowing too, the mid credits one, couldn't believe it. I know I could say a lot about the movie, and trust me I really can but my mind right now is absolutely fried. I did just write an obscene amount about my hatred for honey mustard. After the movie though I went back to the arcade and played some more stuff, I played Godzilla pinball as I usually did but this time the place was more crowded and I wasn't able to play it so I played a few games with the family member who came along, so that was fun. I still have 500 points on my card I could go back anytime and spend it all on Godzilla pinball, which is what I wanna do. I won a game of Street Fighter 4 which felt great since fighting games aren't my main thing, so it was a major win for me. Not much happened after that though, I stopped by a gas station and got some stuff and Taco Bell for dinner, and a Baja Blast, which by the way Baja Blast is the greatest thing to happen at Taco Bell, right next to the cinnamon twists too. If you haven't been able to tell I am a drink enthusiast, more in the realm of soda. God, how do I end this post, my mind is exhausted, jeez I have to come up with the tags too. I came home after all that and nothing else happened. I'm sorry for this ending, I really am. I'm happy these last few days have been great, really uplifted my spirits, I've felt so much better since I started this blog, that should be a sign then, having a place like this helps a lot, this is the first time in a while I've felt completely alive. I'm thankful for that. I love you guys, I really do, thanks for making life has a purpose. I feel like I have the perfect people around me. Okay enough of the emotional dumb heart strings talk. I guess this is the ending of the post. Seeya later in the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles