Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Hey, it's been a while hasn't it? Well, I figured it'd be nice to give a little update about life in general, and some extra information. I turned 18 recently, I'm an adult now, it feels sureral, honestly. I must admit, I am a child of the internet, so most things that I can do now I've already been doing but I will admit, there is a sense of power that comes with it but admittedly it doesn't really mean much to me, it's just cool and a little bit scary I can go out and buy a house (Realistically that will never be possible in today's economy). I wanna apologize for the lack of posts recently, I've been caught up in real life and some extra stuff on the side to want to make a post, that and I had no clear idea of what I wanted to write about regardless, outside of the LOONA archive I did. Oh yeah, LOONA! I never really gave my thoughts on it, but it's pretty clear where I stand. I'm upset, disgusted and not shocked. I swear there's so much to cover that it's a mix of research / you just had to be there about the whole situation. I outlined it in the 12/04/2022 post about what happened, and it's only gotten worse since that, as it was revealed that the girls got such a bad contract that they're in debt and everything they participate in only adds to that debt, like seriously, they were in Queendom 2 this year and had a very successful world tour only to be greeted with debt. That's awful, really, really awful. It's not surprising though, with a company so incompetent and inept in general skills there's going to be constant mess-ups and just general scummy behavior, but there's pretty good news, relating to LOONA I mean. They had a comeback planned but thanks to the recent boycott that's been happening, they cancelled it! I really never thought about the fact that I'd be rooting for LOONA to disband as they're genuinely the most important K-Pop group to me, and probably one of the most important things to me at the moment, but at this rate it's to save the girls whom need it the most out of everyone which is the most important thing at the moment, them. I'll mention one more thing than I'll move on from LOONA but there's been a new law that's been proposed (or passed, I don't remember) in South Korea where idols of companies have the ability to check statements to see where their money is going, which is something that's absolutely needed in this situation. Other than that there hasn't been much going on in my own little bubble, life is still the same. I wanna take time though, to talk about the future of me, and the blog. I've realized that I have succeeded at the creative endeavours I have a particular interest in (particularly web design and graphic design), and I want to try and maybe apply that in my real life, I'm not looking to make some grandiose living off of a very niche genre of images or pure HTML, but I do want to make some type of side job to earn some extra money doing something I really love, and hopefully transition over to doing it full time, though I don't believe that'll be the case. I have the ability to make a pretty professional site though, so it's possible to utilize it to some extent this year. It's an idea I most likely will engage on, and based on recent events in my life that are unconfirmed, I'll probably be open for more opportunities. I'm not sure about any of it though, but it's an idea I'm throwing out there in hopes it comes back my way, something akin to doing light speed dashes in Sonic Adventure. I think I'm going to take a relaxed approach to media consumption in general, I've come to a realization that kind of shocked me to some extent. I'm not really into movies anymore, yeah, it's no surprise though, I've spent the last few months watching skate videos and television shows. I obviously still have an affinity for the medium as I don't think I'd really be the same person without film, and there's still films I could spend hours re-watching them over and over again, but I just, don't have the power to watch many more movies again, BUT, I have a new fond feeling for video games and television. I'm not really surprised though. I've always had a strong interest in technology though, suhc as using them and how they work. I feel like I should've saw this coming when I started using cameras at school and fell in love with the process of making videos and working behind the scenes rather than be a writer or be in front of the camera. I really love technical stuff, if you couldn't tell. I also want to go all out and get into tokusatsu more, like, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Space Sheriff Gavan, Kikaider, all of it. Why? It's simple, I love this stuff. I want to explore these shows, I want to get into them, so that's what I'm going to do. As well as the main thing itself, Godzilla. I had a sudden realization that I really, really love Godzilla. It's genuinely no surprise because of this blog, but I feel it extends WAY beyond that, like, I don't think I can truly phathom how much I love this thing. It's pretty late as I'm writing this, so I wasn't able to articulate fully what I wanted to say, but I got what I wanted to say across and I think that's the most important thing. The blog isn't going to change, it's all going to be the same, same old posts that are super long about things I really love, so don't worry. However, I do believe that 36.5 FM will be taking a break, this is an excuse to not make an episode because I'm pretty lazy right now but I'm not sure when episode 4 is going to be up, it will at some point but not this month and most likely not January. I think I'm out for right now, I'll have a special post ready in a few days that'll mean a lot to me. I hope this post is well, and I want to thank everyone for this year, regardless of what impact you've had in it. You all truly mean a lot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Godzilla's Various American Titles