05/06/2022

You know, with every break that occurs I'm starting to believe that I lost some great passion for blogging and typing nonsense over the things I'm into, when in fact, that's not the case. I just don't have anything really interesting to talk about in a long form sense, apart from yesterday, when I went to the dentist, so let's talk about that! Alright so, I have a placer (I think that's what they're called) on the back of my bottom teeth as I had braces in 7th grade and they never took them out after, so I'm pretty used to them being in my mouth and whatnot. Recently one of the pieces that was holding that thing together fell off, so it was an expose metal bar in my mouth that was sharp (it often knicked my tongue every one in a while, which hurt) that needed to be replaced quickly, which was the case and what happened. I had to miss a whole day of school (oh no, not my very important education), in which I started watching a Godzilla film, but then turned it off. I know, horrendous act but I think my mind is fried after watching 2 weeks worth of Godzilla films back to back, I need sometime off which is probably needed, also the Hellion Rights trilogy subs are bad, unfortunately, so for now I'm taking a tiny little break to watch like, anything else. I'm probably going to spend a week watching American films, as all I've consumed has been Japanese so I really need to branch out right about now, it's needed, especially after reading that many subs. This reminds me of something, how come there's a dub for Destroy All Monsters and not one for All Monsters Attack on HBO Max? It makes no sense because they're both from the same year, and have similar titles, so why not? Is there even a dub for All Monsters Attack? Did anyone bother making one? It's beyond me. Good little film although it was very obviously made for profit. Capitalism strikes again in Godzilla, how unfortunate. That same time I discovered how good Japanese mid-1990 early 2000s racing game soundtracks sound, specifically Ridge Racer Type 4. That soundtrack is absolutely amazing in every way possible and it shows, the song Move Me specifically, which was sampled by JPEGMAFIA for his 2020 single BALD! and it makes total complete sense, it's a banger song. The part Peggy sampled too, and the way he absolutely flipped it, wonderful. I didn't know it was a sample until recently and when I found out I was shocked to hear the original and see how much he flipped it. It's still there but so fantastically done. Absolutely wonderful production, from both ends. That's one thing I love about JPEGMAFIA, his production, and sample usage. His sample game is absolutely insane, you'd be amazed of what he can do with a keyboard and a DAW, and it shows on LP! If you want any proof to what I'm saying, just look up a video with a list of samples he's used, there's this one that's really good but I can't remember the channel name, just look up "JPEGMAFIA samples" and it's the one with the tacky VHS font and it's like 15-20 minutes. The discussion of if sampling is stealing and unoriginal is very, interesting. Me personally, I don't think sampling is lazy, and it's completely fair. You're taking someone's work and building on to it with your own, that's not bad on wrong, that's just how music works. It's a lot to think about but I simply marked it up to, if it's well done it doesn't matter. That's what the Avalanches did and they're record is wonderful, it's all about what you can do with the samples and not how many you can have. Girl Talk is a prime example of this considering 99% of his music is sample based, and it makes absolutely sense as he's a mash up artist, that's not stealing, or being uncreative. There's so much work that goes into a Girl Talk song and it shows 100%, everything is so intune with each other, so really the work shows itself at that rate. I don't know, I think it's really interesting to bring up a discussion about this, in reality I just want other people to see what I'm saying and think it's right... That's propaganda right? Eh, I don't care. This is 100% a blog for propaganda, I've set 5 cameras in your room and have a drone sending beams to your brain, my bad. It's really been 4 days, huh? That's weird, everything is hectic, or so it feels at least. School's rapidly ending and I'm living through it the best that I can, and I deserve a week off at least, which hopefully I'll get after my, special event, which I'll talk about later, after it happens. Be waiting eagerly, as will I. Trust me, it's worth every bit of waiting. I don't know how I'm gonna spend summer though, I might get a weekend job and spend the weekdays doing stuff like writing, not as in poems but for things I really wanna do, I have a show idea I wanna write the first script for, so hopefully it works, as well as a book, and I can alternate the two, my plan is to have at least a draft of a book and a few episodes done, which would be easy to do. It seems like it'd be stressful but I beg to differ. I feel that MAYBE I can handle doing the two, can't entirely promise anything though. I'm on the brink of getting rid of Twitter again, but I probably won't because it's a good way to keep up with the music I like, which is important to me. It probably won't get deleted, but I can't promise anything to myself at least. It's beginning to rain today, which is nice I guess but doesn't feel good considering I woke up with my phone at 22%, which, yikes, hope I can get it charged today. My mind is feeling tired of writing at the moment so I'll see you guys in the next post, have a good day, I'll try to.

P.S. Oh wow, never talked about my dentist visit in good detail, I mean it was normal, cleaning and a check up and all that. I will mention though that the dentist asked my if I had a girlfriend (I'm assuming she was gonna make a comment about my teeth or the way I'm brushing could detract or something of that nature) and when I said no she just stayed quiet, like jeez at least say when I do so I have some semblance of hope 😭. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles