Sematary - Bleed A River (Track Review)

If you weren't aware, which you probably weren't, Sematary, head of the Haunted Mound collective and world renowned Chief Keef clone has recently came out with a new song! It's called Bleed A River and it's surprisingly, a love song. It's definitely interesting to see what a Sematary love song would be, with the first glance of that with the 2020 release of Rainbow Bridge 2 with the track Duster Huffer, in which Sematary raps about doing dust with this undisclosed girl wearing True Religion and doing somewhat questionable things to her and her body. I'm gonna be up and front about this, this is probably one of the more decent songs Sematary has released. It's not bad by any means, don't get me wrong, but it's really not that great as I was expected. It's possible my cynicism is making me not like certain aspects of this song but I don't think that's the case as I'm listening to this on repeat as I'm writing this, but actually, it's in part to the instrumental, see a few months ago, I'm not entirely sure when, Sematary posted an Instagram with a snippet of a beat, and it was absolutely wonderful, the melody, the way the keys sounded, it was all quite good and it made me excited for what it was gonna morph into, so I've known about it for a bit. Recently, Sematary hopped on Instagram live and previewed this track too, somewhere around April 20th or 21st and it was great, the beat was immaculate, and the vocal work is quite well done, so what changed? I think the main melody, the part I really love, got muffled more and more than the preview I'm pretty sure, which is quite disappointed. Now let's move on to the lyrics.... I mean, it's Sematary lyrics! Sematary doesn't really seem to have a varied set of skills when writing lyrics, which makes sense why it's the part I look at him the most, critically speaking. It's just the same lyrics as before but now there's a girl involved, which is expected. I'm not saying the lyrics are bad, I really can't when it's the same topic just presented to me with slight changes every once in a while. There's nothing really that noteworthy outside of the line about him keeping a gun to keep his girl safe which I thought was cute, and another bar about her (presumably) barfing on his uh, body part. Although I stated this song isn't really one of the best things he's released, it's still a great track from the Grave Man himself, and has a TON of repeat value, as I've been listening on repeat the entire time I've been writing this review! Personally I don't think or care about Sematary's love endeavors (trust me, I don't really care about love in general, as of late at least), I'm glad the melody I fell in love with ages ago finally is cemented in his discography, hopefully nothing bad happens and he takes down the track, like he has before with previous people (R.I.P. 1312). If I had to put a number on it, definitely a 7 to 8 put of 10, it's not the best thing ever, but if you need a quick listen of a Sematary song (realistically I don't see that situation) this is perfect for that. That was Ruby's blue moon track review special, hope you're enjoying this variety of content as I enjoy writing it. Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles