04/20/2022

Good morning, I'm standing outside right now in the cold right now and the only things that are exposed are my hands, which I need to type and it's like kind of hard to use them when they're freezing. Which, undoubtedly was expected I figured my hands would be cold at this rate so it's good to know I was right at least, although this sucks. Not much has happened since the last post but it's not testing week so now the scheduling at school is altered beyond belief and it sucks, 2 two hour classes and then 2 40 minute ones two days in a row, which isn't bad but when it's math and a/v for 2 hours it's not really fun. A/V goes by soooo slowly, like for some strange reason it just goes on and what feels like an hour has been 10 minutes, not that I'm dreading it but man, speaking of A/V I have not done anything this week, nor do I really want to honestly, I'm just here existing, yesterday had the 2 hour class so I decided to show some people the Zootopia Abortion Comic! Yeah, I'm telling you these last few days hasn't really been exciting when that's the one standout of the day. On Monday the internet was so bad that had to push testing back by a day, so there's that. My hands are cold right now so let me cool them down before typing something long again, they're practically numb at this point. I'm now in a warm space to start typing again, man I love how warm the bus is, it's so comforting, especially for being out in the cold for what feels like watching a... man I can't come up with a good joke. Anyways I feel like typing again so that's good I suppose, what was I going to talk about? Uhhhhhhhh, testing week I suppose? Yeah, I have testing this week. Well, not me specifically but yeah just in general these next few weeks. I wanna get them over and have a normal school schedule, either that or just to not be tired to do class work, speaking of which, we started reading The Crucible in class and I have to do a assignment about act 2 which I haven't even read yet! Eh, I'll figure it out before class starts. I think I also have that period for 3 hours tomorrow as well, man. Let's talk about something fun though, which is Godzilla! I love this franchise to death it's really one of my all-time favorites, there's something about Kaiju movies that resonate with me more than any other type of movies, and I wish I could find out why, I'm not complaining obviously since I love the format, I'm just curious what's drawing me to it mostly. My best bet, and the most plausible one is that I just like big monsters in Japan, they're just really cool to me, and the stories too are pretty great. Did you know they have the dubs only of some Showa era movies on HBO Max? Yeah for some reason they're only available in English, though I heard at some point one of the Japanese titles reverted to English?? Which, if that's true is absolutely stupid, considering Criterion own the full rights to the Japanese audio tracks, they could provide both but I guess not, which is dumb. It's just like the way King Kong vs Godzilla exists in the states. In 1962, the original was released and all is well but in 1963 they made an American version that is probably way worse than the original (I have never watched it), which is how most American adaptations of Godzilla turns out, where the ending is different among other changes and it's like, the only way to watch it in America (legally, at least) and it's so strange because you'd think Criterion would get ahold of that version instead, but no it's the 1963 version of the film. I'm mentioning all of this because I was watching a Godzilla film yesterday (Invasion of Astro-Monster, 1965) and when I started it was dubbed, which I thought was strange at first because well, it's a Godzilla film. I mean I would understand that English is the number one priority but it makes absolutely no sense when they don't include the original tracks, in which they're included on the Criterion Godzilla Showa Era collection release (which I want really badly), I will never understand any of this stuff because I know it's dumb legal garbage that I know nothing about, I just wanna watch Godzilla the right way, let me be!! Speaking of Godzilla I watched Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster, it was, fun to say the least. That makes me sound like I don't enjoy it when that's the exact opposite of how I feel, this is probably the best Godzilla film I've seen outside of the original one. There's so much going on and it's just fun to watch. The main plot is about this alien possessing this princess of an island(?) and she goes to Tokyo to warn about the meteorites that've been falling down since earlier and how they're warnings to the ending of the Earth, and nobody believes her obviously but soon enough they do throughout the movie, hey man if she said anything to me I'll believe her, she is the princess after all. On terms of practical effects it's just, so good, one of my favorite shots is of the airplane the princess is on just exploding, but apparently she got out in time unharmed probably 10,000 feet in the air, but then again aliens are real and there's a giant lizard is in the sea so I can't really say much. That and the fight scenes are just pretty good, the fight between Rodan and Godzilla is just incredible too, like they literally play pong with a rock and their foreheads then Godzilla beats him up with his tail and just throws Rodan to the ground. You gotta respect honestly. There's really not much I can say or talk about but that did remind me of a thought I had this morning. Is what I'm writing filler? I mention it because I usually write about the same topics over and over again and I have a feeling like it's just to meet a non existent quota, but, the thing is, nobody is forcing me to do this. I'm not being held down and told to write long posts, this all my ambition and I wanna take it. It's my blog, I can do what I want and say what I want here, it's my own little domain where I can let my mind be free. See that's exactly what I mean, I've mentioned this being my blog multiple times before so why am I doing it now? I think it's because I come up with these posts on the spot, I don't have anything planned outside of one topic so if things repeat that's just my mind racing to just type anything, not surprising, though. I always get worried to when I don't mention something either, but I have another day to write about it so what's the big hold up then? I think it's just me being anxious about this stuff in general, if I don't tend to something for more than a day I believe I don't like it anymore, but that's not the case it's just me being super worried about my interests, I know I like the stuff all the same as when I got into it but I just naturally move on to something else. That's all I have to say for today, I'm sorry for abruptly ending like that but I really have nothing else to say. See you guys in the next post, whenever that'll be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles