04/24/2022

Hey so you guys know how I have been constantly talking about Godzilla in like every single post? Expect that to skyrocket by 200% because I have completely became obsessed with this franchise and everything it is to offer. I finally found the Kaiju Wikipedia (better known at Wikizilla) and I have been browsing it for hours at a time. I'm genuinely obsessed with these movies, I've learned so much stuff on there too like how there was gonna be a Godzilla movie where he meets God and was going to be the final movie in the Showa Era, unfortunately it never got passed the pitching phase. I would kill to see that, I would do everything in my power to get that made, hell, I'll even self produce it if I have to. I would do ANYTHING to see that get made. I've also been watching multiple Godzilla movies in a day now, as coveted by last night where I watched Destroy All Monsters, and All Monsters Attack. The first title, that being Destroy All Monsters, is such a strange commodity, not only is it the worst one in the series (up to this point, for me at least), it's also the best practically? The effects are the best I've seen, the sets and the fights have a purpose and work perfectly, but the storyline is just so everywhere. One thing happens and then immediately after that another thing, there's a lot to unpack and I haven't really gotten my hands on the grasp of it, as much as I would like to. All Monsters Attack though is a very drastic change of pace as it's about this kid dreaming about Monster Island (which was first introduced in Destroy All Monsters, at least on film), and meeting the monsters. It's just a child's movie, straight up, it's very anti-bullying with a good message and somewhat relatable plot, to me it was at least. The main kid's parents aren't there for him all the time as they're busy, one being a train operator and the other I'm not actually sure about, waitress maybe? Anyways, they just can't be there for him all the time and it makes sense why. As polar opposite in the dream of going to Monster Island (which he gets there by commercial airline, which is really funny) the boy finds out Minilla, who's canonically in this era, Godzilla's son. They quickly become friends just because of the relatability between the two. It's a really cute film and I enjoyed watching it a lot. I think I have a soft spot for these type of kid's movie though where the action is apart of the plot and there's not much of a story. I get why it's hated but the reasons why are, in my opinion, completely idiotic. It's clearly a kid movie so everyone who's harping for the reasons like the fact Minilla can talk and all that don't seem to understand how a child's brain works, especially during dreaming. The stock footage reuse (which is aplenty) does make sense but I don't think Toho really cared, they were pumping these out yearly, if I was in the same situation I wouldn't really care about this either. Either way its a lot better than Destroy All Monsters, and I'll die on my grave over that. I have completely gone brainrot mode by the way over Godzilla, it's literally have became every single thing I talked about, I even watched a Godzilla movie in class, Son of Godzilla by the way, absolutely crazy film, very good one too, the practical effects makes it worth it, as well as the bonding between Minilla and Godzilla (although it's downplayed a bunch in All Monsters Attack but it makes sense in context of that movie). My introduction to the Wikizilla has absolutely ruined me and my brain, but it's worth every bit of it. I'm glad I found these movies as they appeal to that part of me when it comes to movies that's absolutely in it for the the fun and thrill. I like having fun, and these movies are exactly the definition of that. I'm gonna go braindead after the last movie though, but hey, what's to lose, I'm an absolute sucker for this stuff. What else happened over the last few days, uh, 3 hour classes. Ugh. They are absolutely exhausting, there's no way I would be able to do that again, especially my first period of the day, History. History class was an absolute mess as the sub was an loud obnoxious lady who didn't get the grasp of much existing who's husband has the same name as a cartoon character, we went out to the track and walked a bit which was fun until we got in but that's, something I don't wanna talk about, nothing bad happened, I just think it's pointless to talk about. The teacher wasn't there and assigned a 50 question study guide, which reminds me to send them to a friend, and I'm like 90% I'm the only person in that class to do it. My next period, English, was nothing really. We just went over some stuff and then I watched Son of Godzilla, great movie by the way. Wow, you can really tell I don't have much in terms of what to say right now that isn't about Godzilla, jesus. I start testing tomorrow and I'm testing all week except Tuesday so I'm gonna be dealing with that, so there's that. After school Friday I set up my mother's computer and started to play Postal 2, great game by the way, and then Tetris. Then I got the idea to go to Wikizilla, which, yeah you know how that ended. I went to the flea market today, and with 40 bucks too. There wasn't much there but it was a crowded place which was absolutely awful as people there really have no respect for anything, or anyone for that matter. I felt like a zoo animal and the vendors are paying to see what happens when you put two enemy animals against each other, it sucked. No one there had any respect for the movies as all of them were stacked on each other and double stacked and just thrown around like some sort of frisbee. I found a lot of good deals there, like the Dark Knight trilogy for 10 bucks (these might be overrated but there's a smothering of bonus features, including a tiny art book, very much worth the 10 dollars, and Gone Girl for 5, I even found Army of Darkness for 3 dollars, the best movie in the Evil Dead trilogy! All on Blu-ray too. ended up spending 20 bucks there but got an absolutely great deal out of it. They also seemed to have a good amount of Godzilla there, they even had Godzilla vs Biollante there, for 40 bucks too. Was tempting to get it but I restrained myself for obvious reasons. There's not really much more to talk about, it was a pretty fun weekend overall though and enjoyed it a lot. I think I'm going to sign off for now, and if anything happens I'll update. Bye for now, see ya in the next post.

P.S. I love this blog by the way, I just wanted to say that. Blogging feels like an lost art form and it's just fun to write. I promise you guys I'll write about individual stuff too and not just long entries. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles