05/09/2022

Man, where do I even begin. Not much has happened this weekend except non-stop media consumption, which to me is far more interesting than anything that physically can happen at least, nowadays. Let's see, Saturday, what happened Saturday... Oh right, I watched Audition (1999)! It's a great little film from Japan about this dude who wants to get a wife because his wife died 7 years prior and his son tells him he should get married, so he tries to. There's not really much I can say that wouldn't be a spoiler but it's definitely an unexpected movie, but a great one at that, definitely comes recommended, I enjoyed every single second of it. I also watched both of JPEGMAFIA's visual albums, which are The Ghost Pop Tape and Darkskin Manson, they're both more laid back than I remember there being, if you know you know. I'm particularly enthralled by both because they're genuinely great pieces of work and I wanna experiment like that with my work in the future. Something about the way he edits and chooses the clips is a process I'm far more interested, and honestly in love with more than the movie, it's so good. It's unfortunate you can't find them much anywhere anymore but it makes complete and total sense considering everything surrounding it, both for that matter. He's apparently remastering some old tapes, most notably The Ghost Pop Tape, so I have some hope that he's gonna be remastering his old project JOECHILLWORLD as it's probably one of my favorite releases by him that's under Devon Hendryx, The Ghost Pop Tape is amazing but I'm more of a fan of rap than I am that album, unfortunately though, I really wish I enjoyed it more than I seem to, but it's a 9/10. Other than that, Saturday was a slow day, I'm taking a break from Godzilla films until Thursday it seems so I won't have much to talk about in that sense but I will find a way to bring it up in every single blog post possible, that's not a promise that's a fact and you know it. The letter "I" gets thrown around a lot in this blog I've noticed, I'm trying to not do it on purpose as the repetition of words in that manner is just bad writing, and annoying. But, then again, it's incredibly hard not to use that letter when typing in first person, in my defense it IS first person, not second or third, so there should be some slack cut just for that, it really doesn't bother anyone but me, and it's possibly you guys don't really care when reading. Anyways, moving on to Sunday, which was yesterday, I got really obsessed with listening to video game OSTs, now before you say anything, I'm not transforming into one of those "I listen to Video Game OSTs instead of rap" type of people, god no. I love hip-hop too much for that to happen. There's a lot of good stuff! There's the Silent Hill soundtracks, which are absolutely phenomenal, and Ridge Racer Type ones, my favorite being Ridge Racer Type 4, which actually, JPEGMAFIA sampled! Yeah, he sampled track 17, Move Me and it's a great use of it. I think I mentioned that before, but the guy he sampled is incredibly on board with it, which makes me happy to see. I love seeing stuff like that. I'm gonna bring up my previous comment before about video games OSTs back up as I've been thinking about this type of stuff for months now but can express it, but liking stuff, is, interesting. I've realized that it's just okay to like things without being grouped together with a certain thing, which is liberating to know and something I stay by for a lot, but also I've been demonstrating it for the last 5 years at this rate. You really don't have to belong to anyone if you don't feel like it, which is what I've been doing as of late because I don't really like anywhere, it's not that people who express what they like are bad, not by any means, but a whole community is just draining (DRAAAAAIN GAAAAANG, sorry) to be in, speaking from experience, my worst moments ever were from being in groups, and was it because of the people? Yes but also it's just, being in a good community is overwhelmed, and filled with elitist pricks, so there's really no fun to be had, from my experience at least. I was apart of this community for a good bit and by month 6, I was mentally checked out and realized it's not as fun as I remember it being, then 4 months later they became absolute nuisances of people and were just completely unbearable to be around, absolutely awful place that was. I still keep in contact with a lot of people from there still, as they're great friends whom I care and love dearly so there's that. Happier subject, uhhh, k-pop? Yeah, guess so as that played a big part of yesterday. So yesterday, after the Japanese soundtracks fiasco (in which I found several good soundtracks from) I didn't know what to do for the rest of the time so I just started watching Rocket Punch content, if you don't know, Rocket Punch are a girl group under Woolim Entertainment, and they're pretty good. My second favorite to watch behind LOONA, of course. But yesterday I went completely crazy and started watching everything from them I could, which is good because there's, a LOT. I'm talking several shows that are multiple seasons, one-off variety shows, vlogs, the whole 9 yards. There's so much material from them it's actually astounding to see, but it's great because it gives me something to do. They have this channel for this show called Punch Time and it's really just a reality / variety show and I've watched maybe 15 of the 36 episodes of it, I don't particularly regret it though as there was a lot of great episodes and moments I enjoyed watching, if you're a fan of Rocket Punch and haven't tapped in yet, I absolutely recommend doing so, you will not regret it. Let's see, LOONA! As I've made it clear, LOONA are probably my favorite girl group, and honestly, probably the most perfect one there is. I'm not joking around either, they really are that amazing at everything they do, it's still baffling to me that people don't recognize them more. I watched one of their shows yesterday in full, Loona The Tam, it was fun. I really enjoy seeing them do stuff like that, and I really wish they did more, but they've been busy with Queendom 2 (which has been fun to observe, and has given us a bunch of content). Season 1 was pretty great and fun to watch, I really enjoyed watching them do stuff in a theme park even though I don't particularly like them, but there was a lot of great moments, more specifically the members HeeJin and Chuu being estatic seeing a giraffe pee, and the Amazon dance moment. Was great. Season 2 though kinda dragged, and wasn't that fun. The episode where they searched for a room to stay in was incredibly fun and great to watch, and the first half of the last episode where Yves sat down everyone in the group and made them address the first season like it was court was really funny. I stayed up to 1:30 yesterday separating their series LOONA TV up by 100 episodes so I can watch them this summer, there's a total of 775 episodes but they're all like, a minute at most, whereas special episodes go up to like, at max 5 minutes. They seem fun to watch, so I'm gonna try and watch them all this summer, which seems easy to do. I swear, I'm gonna be so tired of them by the end of the summer. But it seems worth it nonetheless. I've ran out of things to ramble on about, so I'm gonna talk about Godzilla again, as expected. Do you guys realize how many iterations of Godzilla have children??? Like, all of them. It's crazy that he doesn't even have consistent children, and the fact they keep GIVING him children too. There's Little Godzilla in the Heisei era, Minilla in the Showa, he even has some in the Hanna Barbera show and the animated one in 1999. I don't think he has one for the Reiwei era but it wouldn't surprise. They need to stop, even the 1998 Tri Star has a child, it's getting out of hand. Toho, please stop giving Godzilla children, he doesn't need it. Okay, now that's out of the way, it's time to sign off for now, so I'll catch you guys in the next one. Ruby, out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles