Godzilla!

It's been a while since a blog post and I would like to formally apologize for that. I've been busy with life doing such things as contemplating writing a blog post and sleeping so I haven't really found anything to blog about, so I think I'm going to talk about what I know best, Godzilla. I know I have an abundance of Godzilla on this blog but it's for one reason, I love the thing. There's something about Godzilla that brings me to peace like no other, I'm not sure why either, he's a giant monster that loves destruction and nothing more. I can be here all day talking about him though, but instead I wanna talk about the media surrounding Godzilla, just in general though, I feel there's a lot to talk about there. Did you know that the 1956 American re-cut of the original G film, Godzilla, King Of The Monsters, got a theatrical release in Japan in 1957? That's really interesting, I never knew that happened, I wonder what that release is like, if it's ever out there. Speaking of Godzilla, King Of The Monsters, there's the infamous Italian version from 1977, often dubbed Cozzilla, mostly because of the director's name, Luigi Cozzi, the film itself is an experience in itself as Cozzi tried to colorize the film using a technique called Spectorama 70, which left the film with a split between parts on the screen representing red, green and blue, which looks cool honestly. Another (very important) aspect of the film, it's runtime. Godzilla, King Of The Monsters runtime comes in at an hour and 21 minutes, which is cut short of the original being hour 36, but Cozzilla clocks in at an hour and 33 minutes, this might not seem strange at first but when you realize it's supposed to be an Italian version of King Of The Monsters, why the extra footage, and what was the extra footage? Well, the length was because of films having to be feature length to release back then in Italy, and second, the footage was mostly stock footage of World War 2, which in fact, shows the result of several attacks. It makes perfect sense though, since the film was originally a response towards World War 2 and America dropping both nuclear bombs on Japan, but it's a jarring addition nonetheless, and why it stands out a bunch, outside of the strange coloring too. I'm not sure how the film ultimately did overall since I never dug deep on that but if I had to assume, it wasn't well just because of what was mentioned before, and the fact the film already had a release in 1957, and was dubbed in Italian. Oh, but if we're being honest, that's a pretty well known piece of Godzilla media, at least in the eyes of digging deep into Godzilla. Unrelated side note but did you know Godzilla didn't come out in South Korea until 2004? 50 years after the original was made, why? I'm not sure but it appears they have their own kaiju, Yonggary, which means dragon fish, which I wonder what type of creature it's trying to be. Did you know there are several unmade Godzilla films? It comes as no surprise but what might be one would be what those films are, my most favorite is God's Godzilla, where these people from the future go back to time, somehow find Godzilla, and then Jesus shows up out of nowhere and Godzilla crouches and Jesus decides to make a stairway up to heaven for Godzilla. It's an insane premise and I wonder the people from the future traveling back and finding Godzilla was repurposed for Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, it seems like it was since those two have strong overlapping similarities. Another idea that's one of my favorites is Bride Of Godzilla? where the G.C.C. somehow make a giant robot woman named Eve that tries and to seduce Godzilla, hence the title, and it ultimately working, there's also something about fleas and mermaids that seem entirely unrelated and makes me question what this film is supposed to be, it's so strange and I wish it was made as it's an absolutely amazing idea, though if it were made I would've liked it to be in the 1970s as it was planning to take place in 1955, after the second film, and it would fit more with the 1970s as that decade did bring us MechaGodzilla. There's a lot more unnamed Godzilla films that are cool and I wish were made as well, but to save time I will simply just name them, Godzilla vs. BiomonsterGodzilla vs. BerserkGodzilla vs. GodzillaGodzilla vs. Gamera, Batman Meets Godzilla, Frankenstein vs. Godzilla, and Godzilla vs. Chaos. Speaking of films not being able to be seen, the version of Godzilla released in the Philippines, it's a re-cut of the film and since that's interesting enough on it's own, it's completely lost. It's a real shame as it would be interesting to see, as well as it having a cool name, Tokyo 1960, I'm not sure what it is about that name but it is absolutely one of the coolest titles ever, I guess I have a thing for random words and years next to them. There's so much out there about Godzilla, and it's absolutely amazing but I think I've stressed how much I can go off about today, I feel so much love towards this franchise so being able to express it all here is absolutely amazing. This isn't the end of the Godzilla posts here either, there's much more to be said, as well as tokusatsu as well. I hope this was a fun post as it was me mostly rambling Godzilla, which, of course I loved doing. I'll catch you guys in the next post, whenever that may be (hoping next week). Hope you all are having a blessed day like I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles