05/15/2022

Oh wow, it's been forever hasn't it, I am so sorry. Ever since the last post I've loosened up though and I feel much better. There's been a lot of new stuff since my last update life post so let me run through it! School wise, it was nothing much, boring as usual but in 4th period one day we had a substitute teacher that wasn't too bad, that's about as far as that went. Other than that nothing much, school wise at least. I haven't watched a movie in a few days which is driving me a little crazy so I'm gonna watch one tonight hopefully, more preferably Ringu from '97? I think? It looks cool and it has a Arrow release so might as well, they tend to have incredible Japanese movie releases, although as of late their quality control has been horrible since they were bought out a few months ago, even the customers are making jokes about how frequent the quality control has been, more specifically about their 4Ks, you know, I haven't bought a Blu-ray in a bit, but then again I haven't had time for anything and plus, you'll see... Hype! It's 6 pm as I'm typing this so things feel a bit foggy, I haven't gone out much this weekend and I feel stiff, for some reason. Not in a bad way, but in a "I don't want to do a single thing" type way. I have a lot on my mind so everything feels all over the place too so that's why I haven't written a blog post too in a few days, although I've been wanting to, so there's that! I love this blog, it's so much fun to write for, whether what the topic is. It's relaxing to just ramble. Saturday, which was yesterday was very compact, since summer is coming up, I figured I was gonna spend most of my days in my room by myself or on a computer doing something like research on a topic, such as Godzilla, or playing something (Tetris or Postal 2 with a bunch of mods), which are so much fun to do. I wanna start working on something for 36.5 FM, surprise! I remembered it's existence. I never forgot about it though, I'm constantly working on it, although next episode will be a little different as I'm changing the formula, it's now a radio mix, so the host is gone, and it's gonna be longer, at max 15 songs per episode, except the next one which is a special episode. Be waiting for that as it was genuinely fun to make and put together. Anyways I spent that day playing Postal 2 and threw a bunch of mods on it and it was fun, there was one that added back the arcade that had 2 mini games on it, one called Postal Kombat and the other one, well, there's a reason it was removed. Did you guys know there's a Sonic mod for the game where you play as Sonic? It doesn't add much but it's harder to play with since he's significantly shorter, and all his dialogue is Russian for some reason. I stumbled upon this Japanese city recreation and played it and remembered it when I was 10 and played the game religiously, it had a 3 story store that had a bunch of CDs and DVDs in it and it was fun to explore, there was also a fast food store that had 3 stories, as well as another place that I think was a police station? There was wanted posters on it so I'm gonna go with that assumption. As I was playing it, it got me thinking about the language of Japanese, so I dug around and found a Japanese version of the game! Or well, a patch, the description was weird though, it kept saying things like "good boy" and had "kun" in it, was very weird to read, but it seemed fun, I wanna play it! I might take in the effort to install it since it was manual installation, it seems fun. You know where else it lead me to? The language of Japanese. I figured since I was free this summer I could learn it, so I downloaded Duolingo, and started using it. Helps a lot and it's fun to learn. Then my friend recommended me LingoDeer so I got that instead. I don't know which is better so I'll keep both around, I'm very excited to see where this takes me though, and there's even a college course for the language at the college I wanna go to! So you know I'm gonna take that. I know it's gonna be forever though but it seems worth it, and I wanna visit Japan at some point so it'll help, and the headstart in college would help a lot. I plan on doing two courses a day, on Duolingo and some on LingoDeer, since Duolingo is a little easier to use on my end. Kanji might take a bit though because I'm probably gonna start with letters first then actual words, which is what Google translate does, but I do know how to introduce myself in Japanese! Phonetically at least, which would be "konichiwa ru bi de su", I think that's right? I'm not sure, I have a notebook though for the kanji, all forms of it. That's gonna help for writing. I plan on doing more past summer though, if I have time. I'm pretty excited to see where this takes me, in life and in general. I feel like there's a lot I'm not mentioning but I don't know what I'm not missing, you know? I feel like I have a ton to say because of my absence but I don't know what. I turn in my school Chromebook Wednesday though, which means I have to speedrun this assignment that's due in a few days on it. Which might be hard to do but I don't think so, but coming up with things to write is incredibly hard to do, so yeah, there's that. This reminds me to write out the names of Loona on my calculator before it gets taken up, which I'll do after I'm done writing this post. Speaking of LOONA, I found this girl group recently called CLASS:y and listened to their new mini album which dropped nearly 2 weeks ago, and a song really stood out to me, Tell Me What You Wanna Do (I know this is wrong, but it's close enough), I believe it was called. It stuck out mostly because it's LOONA's Japanese debut single Hula Hoop, right down to the background vocals, it's all the same, except for the lyrics obviously. It's a little wild to me that it's just like that and how no one has pointed it out yet, maybe I will, who knows. I found another girl group that I really enjoy though, LIGHTSUM, I don't know much about them and there's not many videos of them out there outside of performances but I really enjoy their music, and I'm extremely excited for their debut mini, which is the 24th. Okay, my mind is a little fried right now so that's all I have to say, I just wanted to get this post out so I can have a post at least, and so I don't have to write one tomorrow morning, so I'll see you guys next post, see ya later, out! I'll see you guys next post.

P.S. I don't know when I'm gonna start Godzilla again, most likely after school because school is stressing me out a lot recently. This was also here so I can mention Godzilla in a post. Okay, goodbye now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles