08/06/22

Well, I start school in 2 days, which would be a bad thing but it's absolutely not for this blog! Every 2 days always got something happening so it's easier to keep track, but I'm going to write about the last two days since I've had something going on in them, then I'm going to write about the summer in general, and some general life updates. Thursday was the first time I went out to a restaurant in god knows how long, and I was pretty happy with what I got, I went to this pizza place I haven't been to since, what feels like 2021, even though I know I been there this year, and got myself a pizza. I know, invigorating, after that I stopped by Target and got some clothes for school which I'm pretty happy, I only got one shirt which was a InuYasha shirt, a show I never watched, now generally I would be against that stuff but I really liked the design so I got it. I'm not sure how common it's a shirt with all the characters in white and the logo in red on the top, it's a given it's an all black t-shirt too, but I'm pretty happy with it. I really love it. In that same trip I ended up getting some stuff on my own which was a 25 dollar PlayStation card, an orange Monster. I haven't had a Monster in months so I'm pretty hyped about that, and on the way home, I ended up stopping by a gas station and decided to buy a Paradise Monster, this is pretty huge for me since I haven't had one since April or March for the sole purpose that they just haven't been anywhere so I was super stoked about it, and, maybe the biggest news of all, pumpkin Reece's. This may not sound like that big of a deal but you have to understand that they are, and I say this with pure sincerity, one of the best things on this planet behind Blu-rays and Godzilla. I love these things so much, they're the best version of Reece's, and the fact they're gonna be around until November makes me so happy, they're unforgettable. It's a shame they're only around for 3 months but I'm so happy they are, makes the taste worth 100% of the wait. Maybe if they skip next year, the wait for 2024 would be immaculate. I'm genuinely happy they're here for right now, ever since 2021, this time is usually my best. God, I'm going to be a senior, that's scary, my last year of high school. I'm ready for what it throws at me though, I know it'll go well. Nothing much else happened that day so I'm gonna move along to yesterday, Friday, this is where things get good. I spent a majority of it clearing out my gallery, a process I'm still doing before I began writing this and probably will continue after this, and decided to empty some unused space, so I decided to delete some music too I didn't listen to. Nothing there that's interesting but it made me realize, I think I'm like, actually done with K-Pop, of course I've said this before and I still listen to a few groups but this time it actually hit. It's really weird, but I'm happy about it, for the fact I downloaded a bunch of idol pictures and I just noticed that I have no point for these, it wasn't for archiving because the fans were already doing a great job at that (LOONA especially), and I don't use them for the occasional photo edits I do, so I decided to delete it all, I still have all of the ones that are my favorite but in general, I deleted all of them. It felt liberating, finally feeling free from all of that, it's nice, especially before school starts. I wanna bring this up to because I FINALLY decided to listen to the new aespa and ITZY mini-albums and, uh, they're something. ITZY's new mini, Checkmate, is pretty great, though I'm not a fan of the title track, Sneakers, and I really wish Racer was chosen instead, but outside of that I really enjoyed it all. Aespa's though, Girls, that's a whole other story, who was responsible for this? And why did they do a terrible job? This is a watered down version of Savage but with LOONA's Dance On My Own thrown on it, seriously, what is this. ICU is literally film trailer music for some Sony produced comedy film from late 2000s / early 2010s, it's so bad. I would speak about more specific tracks but they're not noteworthy except maybe Girls which sounds like a rip off of Black Mamba. It's really disappointing since Savage was, and still is my favorite mini-album from 2021, but this is just, I don't know. I also wanna use this time to say that I am planning on making a redux of the LOONA line distribution post, since there's a ton of inconsistencies with that one, and the advent of Flip That existing. Anyways, at some point in the middle of the day my parents decided they wanted to go to his nearby store for some clothes shopping which I didn't want to do but they made me go anyway and I'm glad I did because I got some pretty good stuff. I finally got a watch, which is what I've been wanting for nearly a year now, and some new outfits. I love the watch, it's genuinely incredible, I can't bare to take it off, it was loose at first but my mother fixed it and I can't be more thankful, it actually fits now. I also got a FILA shirt which is cool and I also got a black long sleeve, which both look great together so I can't wait to wear that outfit. There's nothing more to happiness than outfits, and that's the truth. I'm so happy they have Baja Blast in stores right now, as that's an incredible drink, though I don't know when it's going to end though, probably at some point this month. I ran out of things to talk about in regards to yesterday so I'm gonna talk about summer. This summer is the last one I was able to be free and do whatever and I'm kinda happy with it, now I didn't start work on Wicked (I swear I'm never going to at this rate) but I did have the ability to beat several video games, watch a filmography essentially, and finish an entire subbed show, things I haven't done in YEARS, so being able to do them again was great. Oh! I never specified what games I got with that card did I? Okay so, I ended up getting Sonic Mania's Plus DLC since it was 2.50 and I though that was a great deal, and Sonic Forces was 10 bucks so I picked that up, which are the two important ones to me, and I also picked up Goat Simulator, A Year Of Springs, and Jazzpunk, all have been fun to mess with so far, especially Jazzpunk, I love that game with all my soul. The cool thing about Sonic Mania is that the DLC was already built into the disc so it didn't take time to install which is great, and by default I now own a physical copy of Sonic Mania Plus, so it's cool! I've tinkered around with the added characters, Mighty and Ray, and they're pretty fun. Mighty has this ability to essentially ground pound and it's pretty fun to use, and Ray can glide. The new mode, Encore, I'm still not sure what it does, but I enjoyed what I've played, so there's that. Definitely worth the upgrade, and I'm very happy I was able to do it. Sonic Forces though, I'm conflicted. It's a very fun game for what it is, but it's either too easy or unfair levels of hard. I'm not sure, but since Hard mode is literally no different than Easy mode, it's kind of meh. If I paid 20 bucks for this I'd be upset with the product, although I only paid 10, and I think that's a fine enough deal for what the game is. I really wish I got a physical copy, but I'll take a digital copy if it was cheaper, I'm pretty happy with it. I gotta add these to my Blu-ray.com library. Anyways, I watched Kamen Rider Kuuga over the summer and, oh my god, I have never been so happy to start a series. I love this show, so so much. Everything about it, it's incredible. I'm a little winded from writing but I am so happy it exists, and I'm going to watch more tokusatsu because of it, and I'll make a later post at some point discussing the show and why I love it so much. I plan on starting Super Sentai Zyuranger pretty soon (Monday) so I'm gonna see if I enjoy that, which I probably will. I also finished Godzilla's Heisei era, I'm not sure if I mentioned that in the last post but I'm writing it here to mention Godzilla. I'm happy with how it ended, very great stuff. Super excited for the rest of the series, Godzilla: Final Wars seems right up my alley. Okay, that's all for now, I'm very winded from writing so much but I'm very glad I did, been forever since I've felt like making a post this long. I'll see you in 4 days maybe, and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

P.S. I'm deleting Twitter too, I hope that's the start to something better and about health improvement, something like that. I also have to get a haircut before Monday, blech.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles