08/28/2022

It's becoming increasingly difficult to find something to write about, and frankly I don't really have much going on to write about in my daily life. So, for the first time every, definitely not the last, an all media focused post. I'll have something next week for sure about my actual life but for now, it's stagnant, anyways, let's begin. Music! I haven't really talked about music much before on this blog until this month but I think I might be done finding new music for now, and the reason why is because I recently got into Boris, the Japanese band. I'm only 6 album into their expansive discography (I only have 20 albums downloaded) and I have enjoyed everything I've heard so far. It's all pretty great stuff, I started with their 2005 album Pink and I haven't really looked back because it's such a treat of an album, everything about it, not a single bad thing I can list about the album. I also listened to a few more albums too, such as Vein, Akuma No Uta, New Album, Attention Please and Boris At Last: Feedbacker, all enjoyable in their own right though I do have some gripes with Feedbacker as one of the songs are a little too long and one is just constant high pitched noises, other than that they have had a stellar output and I can see them becoming a favorite of mine, never heard this much energy from a band before and I'm loving every second of it. I'm currently listening to the 2002 version of Heavy Rocks and it's absolutely incredible, and will be doing the other two Heavy Rocks in order. One thing about this band is that they're quite literally a tagging nightmare, I'm fairly convinced they hate their fans considering most of their albums all have different versions, best example being Vein where there's both a hardcore and a drone version, it makes no sense other than they felt like messing with their fans at the time. There's a lot to talk about when it comes to Boris though, the music, the band itself, how expansive their discography is, etc., it's kinda impressive how large their output is, and it all seems to be at the very least, good. I'm probably gonna become obsessed with them, I hope I do, I've been needing something like this for a long time. On the other spectrum, I've been thinking about getting into more rap, it goes without saying hip-hop is my all-time favorite genre, I will never stop loving it, but my daily rotation consists of JPEGMAFIA, and Haunted Mound, that's not exactly a large scope. I wanna get back into the swing of GTBSB, Chief Keef, Black Kray, Playboi Carti, Kanye West, etc etc. but I for some reason haven't, I'm not exactly sure why, but I also want to find newer stuff as there's so much rap out there, you'll always find something within the genre you'll like. I have a few albums on the back burner too I have to get to, mostly being 90s Memphis rap albums, and Destroy Lonely's new album No Stylist, I wanna get into Pi'erre Bourne, his output seems to be pretty good and I enjoyed him off that song on Die Lit, he was great. I might listen to some of his stuff later today if I'm not busy with Boris or general boring life stuff. I really love getting into music, it's really cool finding something you really like or find new appreciation for, it makes life exciting knowing there's so much out there you can find just openly, which also includes obscure media, speaking of which. Television, I'm not always the one to watch a television show as I prefer movies though there's some exceptions to that, and I recently found one. Sukeban Deka, I'm still not sure what it's about if I'm going to be real, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far, I didn't really look up much information about it as I kinda just dropped in and started watching it, from what I'm piecing together is that there's a girl named Saki that has to go undercover at a school and be like a detective of some sorts to find out what's the cause of the situation that week, I think, but she has a yo-yo designed specifically for fighting. Whatever it may be, I am loving it, something about it seems to be very, peaceful about watching the show progress overtime and seeing where it goes, and the ending scenes are always my favorites because of the speeches Saki gives, they're always nice. I've done some research into the show and found out that there's 2 more seasons and an anime adaptation and a couple of movies, will I ever get to those? No, if I'm gonna be honest, that I can't find them subbed anywhere. I'm not exactly sure how I found out about this show, but I found out somehow and haven't regretted it since! I really love digging for obscure stuff, it's nice to find something completely random that's right up your alley and there's a small but dedicated fanbase to it so there's a plethora of media that's easily accessible because of it. All of Sukeban Deka is on Internet Archive (minus subtitles on some releases) so it's incredibly easy to watch. Internet Archive is honestly the second best website, behind Blu-ray.com, there's so much stuff on there and it's all pretty wonderful to go through, it's amazing how much stuff on that website would be lost to time if it wasn't put there, good example being this recently found Ultraman documentary from the 1960s that never got a home media release. I recently downloaded a manga from there, Goodnight Punpun, after being recommended it by a close friend of mine, and I'm pretty excited to start it, I'm not gonna start it until next weekend because I'm going on a trip and the car ride is really long, so I can definitely squeeze in reading time into that, that and more Boris albums. I love the artsyle and I also love Punpun's character design, so I can't wait to get to it. It'll be the only manga I read since Junji Ito but that was all the way back in April, when I started the blog. There's been recent news about the new Sonic game coming out soon, Sonic Frontiers, the most noteworthy thing is the release date which is November 8th, but also, fans have been moderately positive towards the game, which is a good thing I believe, I do have hope for this game, as a Sonic fan, I'm going to be real, most Sonic games aren't particularly good, they're fun to play but if you really think about them critically, they're not good at all. I think a great example of this is Sonic The Hedgehog 2, wonderful game to play, I enjoyed every second of playing it, but they increased the difficulty a little too much in that game, and it gets tiring pretty easily. I'm getting tired talking about Sonic anyway, in this post, I still have some more to talk about then I'm done with this post for the week, I would've gotten it done yesterday if my mind wasn't being consumed by Boris, but hey, it gives me something to talk about here which I'm more than okay with. I started Kamen Rider recently, and if I'm gonna be real I might as well watch another Kamen Rider series at some point. It's not that Kamen Rider is bad but it's so, so long, 98 episodes is just too much for me so I would rather not, my limit is apparently 50 episodes, as found out with Kamen Rider Kuuga, which is great considering most Kamen Rider shows are all that long after the original 1971 one, but I don't think I can do another subbed television show for a long time, that and I really want to get more into movies again, I have a huge watchlist of 120+ movies I'd love to get to at some point, so after Sukeban Deka that's where I'm gonna put my entire focus on, I can't watch show after show like this, it's very tiring, it's probably gonna be December or the very beginning of 2023 before I watch anything else relating to Kamen Rider. I really love Kamen Rider though, and tokusatsu, something about it really sticks to me and I personally love everything about it, it's just that there's so much stuff out there I really don't know where to begin, same goes for Ultraman, there's a lot and I'm probably gonna watch select series instead of most like I'm going to do with Kamen Rider, I already have Ultra Q on Blu-ray (I even discussed in one of the earliest blog posts here!) so I'm gonna get to that at some point, incredible deal by the way, 26 episodes on steelbook for 10 dollars, obvious flaws but for that price I believe it's more than worth it, I wonder if Ultraman is on anything, let me check, no. That's really all I have to discuss right now that's going on, I think I'm gonna write about media much more than usual because writing all of that was really fun, nothing better than talking about the media you are actively consuming and love. I wanna talk about one more thing though, HTML, last night I was messing around with it and I think that it's the most fun I've ever had, is it tiring? Yes, absolutely, HTML is more of a bother than anything, but is it worth every second? Yes, absolutely. I really enjoyed what I was doing and never felt passionate about it until that specific moment. I love HTML, it's really fun to do, and it's just absolutely great to know that web developers are also by design considering programmers too just due to the fact JavaScript exists. This part doesn't really matter much, I just wanted to feel put over HTML. I should be done for now, so I'll leave it off there, but I hope you all have a blessed day as I'm starting mine off feeling good, and that you all have a great rest of your day, I'll see you guys in the next one.

P.S. I've noticed a lot of tokusatsu shows are under Toei, interesting. I would've expected Toho to pump out that type of stuff more than Toei considering Toho has Godzilla, and Kaiju in general which by default already is tokusatsu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles