04/22/2022

You know what's tiring? Spending 3 hours in a class, regardless of what you and how much you like the class. You're going to be tired regardless, as was I yesterday and how I am today most likely. I wish I had some type of grasp on why they went this route for the schedule but I'm genuinely lost considering every other altered schedule is 2 hours in one of the periods, so 3 hour classes are a strange decision, considering I don't think any of the tests are that long from what I can remember from when I did them. I should preface this that my state is doing state tests this week, which, fun, it's not that they're bad to do or anything, but more of a, "oh". It's kind of hard to put into words what I mean right now so that's why this reads an incomprehensible ramble, but the again most of the blog posts are just that. I'm just dreading the 3 hour classes as they're draining for no good reason other than some stupid schedule, the only real issue is how boring the classes in question are, which are very boring considering my first period today (4th, US History) you can get done with the work in like 10 minutes and still have like an hour of class left although I think we're doing something for preparation of our test, which might hopefully take up the 3 hour time slot, hopefully it does because after that the class is fairly boring when you have nothing to do. It's not all too bad though as I share both classes I have today with my best friends (and what feels like my only friends at this point) so there's that at least to maintain from me going absolutely insane throughout the day. There's an in-between period that revolves around lunch so it doesn't change except it got pushed by 10 minutes (which is awful, not sure why they did that to begin with) and the class is cut short by 20 minutes I believe, going from an 1hr 10 to just 50 minutes for the time being. There's not much to be said about that class other than it's great for getting work done considering the amount of time in there for essentially nothing. A lot of my classes this year have mostly had nothing going on in them, I wonder if that's like, at least semi intentional or I just got lucky on that end, at this rate probably lucky though. My next period is my English class which will be fine enough because we're watching a movie in there to past the time since we're just gonna go over like 2 assignments and take a test, so that'll at most allow us to have time for a movie after that (again, 3 hour classes). I'm so glad it's a Friday so I can just rest after school, and sleep, which has been commonplace for me recently and hope ends. I always end up being exhausted after school and wanna nap for like 3 hours then do everything at night, which is annoying because I also get tired around that time. It's a cycle I can never escape, hopefully I can break free after this week the finish up school for the year. I'm just exhausted existing (not in that way), I need some time to myself ya'know? I only bring this up because it also affects how I watch things, such as movies (especially one with subtitles) which leads me to not watch anything which isn't really good in the long run. Hopefully today I can watch 2 movies, the one I mentioned in class, which might be Hookwinked, and the other being, of course, a Godzilla film, specifically Son of Godzilla. I was gonna watch it yesterday albeit I wasn't able to because I was just tired of 3 movies back to back, and also an opportunity I have no other chance to take so I was gonna be focused on that, more on that later. I can't believe it took me that long to mention Godzilla, that should be some type of reward, considering it's becoming all I talk about in person, to anyone who listens. I don't know why I had an sudden uptick in Godzilla films but I mean, I'm not complaining in the slightest, I love going through these films and seeing where they take me as they're genuinely fun to watch, it's all a waiting game as there is so much to go through, albeit it's easy to get ahold of in a legal manner in comparison to something like the p word (I don't know if I can outright say it on blogger so I'm going to play it safe. Arrrr) although I fully advocate for it many reasons, just in general and not relating to anything in particular. It's kind of surprising how easy it is to obtain these titles on Blu-ray outside of the 2nd one in the Heisei era of the films which go for 150-300 dollars on Blu-ray and movies 3 & 4 are sold together in a 2pack (for some reason all of the Heisei era movies are that way outside of 2000), the general releases are usually 15-20 bucks per release which is actually surprising, you'd expect them to be more expensive but they're not. The only real downsides of it is the lack of bonus features on both movies generally, but the pricetag being that cheap devoids any complaints about special features, though I wish they had more outside of the required trailer (which seems to be very common on Sony releases). I must say in terms of packaging and just general coolness, Godzilla 2000 takes the cake. I remember one day cleaning and I decided to take a break and look at my Blu-ray collection and stared at Godzilla 2000's back for like 3-5 minutes. I was enthralled to say the least as it's genuinely beautiful art that I love so much, something about it is so incredible to me and I'm glad I have it, so intriguing. It's possibly due to the art being mostly black and the required text on the back is placed mostly near the top than the usual bottom which all attracts your interest, it certainly does mine, it's most likely due to the black and overall red that's drawing the most attention, as those are my favorite colors in general so seeing them that way is just stupendous (am I using that correctly? Eh, I don't care it sounds like a cool word so I'm sticking with it). I'm genuinely exciting to finish these movies, I should clarify that this is for the Japanese movies, as those are probably the best considering they're the country of origin, and would probably be the preferable course of action, also there's no way I'm going to watch any of the American films without seeing the Japanese ones first. The only real problem with that is that there's (I think at least) 32 of those movies, which is gonna take like at least a month or two to get through, but I'm excited to do it nonetheless, I already have Godzilla 1984 on the way as I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival to kick off the whole ordeal, but I'm probably gonna want some time off after the Showa era since there was 15, which are all on HBO Max thankfully. I really can't wait to become like some sort of Godzilla expert, just an all knowing machine of everything Godzilla like which would be fun, as I'm having fun learning about everything I can find on this franchise, so if anyone asks me a question I could answer it for them. I also just wanna get through Japanese Kaiju films in general, which seem really fun, I like giant monsters destroying things and blowing them up. I've noticed a common trend in these movies though, more or less a news company needs something to report on (the only exception I can think of is the original first two movies, '54 Godzilla and Godzilla Rises Again), then a monster coincidentally appears as well as some non-monster wacky hijinks and Godzilla appears to fight the monster then it's over. It's like this so far everytime but it's somehow been done in a non boring way each time which is surprising considering how often it's used. I'm at that point which that wouldn't be a problem, as started with Ebirah being about an island (albeit it starts at a newspaper headquarter, go figures). Ebirah, Horror of the Deep, at least that's how the title goes, is a really fun movie, much more entertaining than the rest as it's a more original film, and for once a different director which is actually surprising to see considering the last guy had directed every single one that came before, I like the new director though, he's fun as it obviously shows in the movie being more focused on the story while mixing the monster plot in greatly. Overall it's just a really good movie. That's really all I have to say about it. It seems my topics on this blog have mostly been about very few things as of right now, which hasn't entirely been on purpose, there's just not to talk about in the grand scheme of my life, I don't really do much to talk about (I do things, obviously but I don't think much to write about it as it's just not interesting to me to write about and also not much I could say) and if there was it'd be very small sentences. I'd rather talk about my interests or major things happening, which is easy to do per the fact if you get me on a topic, I won't shut up about it until I'm satisfied with what I've said. Which is not to say I've gotten into a rut about those types of things, I've done that plenty of times when writing these posts, I usually just find a way to outrun it somehow. I should talk about music more though as I feel my music taste is somewhat interesting, to me at least. I'll start right now, I'm listening to Bladee at the moment, and if you don't know, he's a rapper from Sweden who hails from the music collective of Drain Gang comprising of rappers Ecco2k, Thaiboy Digital, and of course the after mentioned Bladee. I really click with his music and I genuinely like it, it puts me in a good mood everytime I hear it, which is great. If you want to start with him, I recommend Icedancer or Eversince, it's his most popular albums so they're good entry points. Even though they don't reflect the entire sound scope of Bladee, or Drain Gang for that matter, it's still a good entry points to get used to his writing and mannerisms too in songs, and what his music is like in general. My personal favorite record is Working On Dying which to my knowledge, is a collab album between Bladee and producer group WoD (Working on Dying). It's a great tape with some of his best beats and bars, and the most we get Bladee actually rapping, also WoD has worked with Playboi Carti so by default they're incredible producers as the beats on Playboi Carti albums are often considered good, or even great which I can stand behind as I'm still amazed by them years after first listen. I could go on all day but unfortunately I'm running out of time, as well as things to talk about so as of right now I'm signing off. I'm a lot more positive about this post than I was the last one, wonder why, maybe because it's the weekend. Anyways, I will see you guys in the next post, I hope you all have a good day, as will I, hopefully at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles