06/07/2022

It's been a while since I've done a post like this so if everything seems awkward that's my fault, I need to do this more but I have decided I'm gonna use this time to talk about something I've noticed. Well it's a few things, but most notably negativity. It thrives so often it's slowly becoming a part of people's daily life, mine included. I noticed it immediately when I was going through k-pop fan tweets and was suddenly reminded of the low morals of some of the people who are anti-fans of some groups, most notably LOONA, and I genuinely felt awful after reading some things and I don't want any part in it. Now it doesn't stop ther, obviously, with the advent of music fanbases. Talking from half a decade of experience, and general observations, fanbases are probably the worst thing to happen to the internet, that and music discussion, now I've openly stated those opinions on this blog before but it's 100% the truth. They're always drama ridden or something of those sorts, and when you dedicate all your time on the internet talking about the same thing, you slowly lose your grasp on reality, and become essentially a zombie, it happened to me and I 100% assure you it's going to happen again at some point. The most notable fanbases have to be Drain Gang / Sad Boys and Haunted Mound, I'm clearly a big fan of each collective stated, but their fanbase makes me ashamed to know who they even are. GTBSB (which stands for Gravity Boys Sad Boys, a combination of both Drain Gang {the original name} and Sad Boys) makes the most sense because, as someone on the outside looking in, it's pretty clear where the issues lie, the fans. Most of them are new fans who have no grasp on the group as actual humans and treat them like they have to make the music and what they do has no actual effects on the group themselves, which is clearly does, I remember seeing a tweet stating that subreddits dedicated to a sole artist or group have done more harm than good, and it's absolutely true. It gotten to the point where people associated with Bladee has openly stated that he regrets making music sometimes because of the fanbase, and clearly I don't blame him because if I had the same fanbase I'd just quit then and there. There's more ins and outs to this but I don't know well enough to make any type of comment on them, so I won't. The next fanbase I've noticed be awful is the Haunted Mound fanbase, it pretty much suffers the same problems as GTBSB, but I've seen directly how it works so I feel more in-depth to comment on it. The main problem is the young fans who clearly have no grasp on such things as doxxing and leaking private information, which is pretty common in that group unfortunately. These people don't have a grasp of what happens, so they continue to do it. It's a shame really, I'm surprised Sematary has quit yet, even though he has stated he would before because of the toxic fanbase. Of course to every fanbase there's a positive side, but what's the point when you can focus on the negatives right? It feels great to point out the same flaw everyone else has. I don't know, I'm trying to rush through this point so I can talk about something else, so sorry. I'm under the assumption that all music discussion is frankly bad, I've been through it all and it's frankly some weird circle jerk of who can like some weird album 60 year old British dudes adore or depressed men in their 40s. What I've noticed is the lack of hip-hop in those discussions too, which is pretty common, and it feels laughable when someone puts in a rap album that's regarded as a classic, but that's a completely other tangent for another time. Those discussions are so bad I literally had to rebrand myself so I wouldn't be associated with those people anymore, I despise them and everything they stand for. They all were equally as pretentious too when it came to film, and when I looked at what was considered amazing, they were all boring art house films I could care less about from France during the 1960s, or some random samurai movie. I had to get away really, because everytime any of them started typing I always felt a gut feeling that whatever they were gonna say was gonna be openly stupid, and frankly I was correct. It's all just boring talk really, pretentious people aren't fun to talk to, surprisingly. That's all I really have to say about that, I'm really sorry if that was negative, I just needed to get that out of my system and this place was the only comfortable way I could do it. I recently started watching Godzilla films again and I'm incredibly happy I did because these are so great, they fill me with some type of joy I really can't get elsewhere, same goes for Blu-rays, my passion for them has really upped itself over the last few weeks, wish I knew why but I'm happy regardless! I also found this cool Godzilla fansite I'll mention in a later post because frankly this is just too negative for me to drop a random fansite I found in. I've also watched a few samurai films in the mean time, more specifically Seven Samurai and it was really great! Although I will admit, is a bit overrated. I really enjoyed it and cinematically it's a masterpiece, story too, but I don't understand all the hype around it unfortunately. I'll write a post more about the films I've been watching and maybe I'll start monthly posts about the movies I've watched like how Edgar Wright does on Instagram, which are fun to read. You know what, I'll do that! Sounds fun to do. That's all I have to say for right now, and I'm really sorry for that downer of a post, I promise a more positive post next, trust me. See you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles