06/23/2022

It's been a while, sorry about that. I was gonna write a blog post yesterday but I ultimately ended up forgetting too but some cool stuff happened so there's that! What's first, well, I'm happy to say I'm now the new proud owner of the World Of Wong Kar-Wai Blu-ray set! I was gonna wait until June to get it but since I had the money and I felt incredibly impatient I decided to jump the gun now and get it, I'm very glad I did because it's truly a great set. I was set to get it today but unfortunately Jeff Bezos had to send his little goblin minions out later than planned and now it's set for tomorrow. May God release fury against him and the ones he loves, but I'm glad I'm getting it regardless because it's an amazing set and having it in my hands would be incredible. I 100% promise a post about it that details the packaging and the booklet it comes with so be ready for that, it's either coming tomorrow or Saturday but there will be a post. I was actually reading his statements regarding the set earlier today and I'm kind of bewildered. He states that he originally wanted to originally release Fallen Angels in 2:40:1 (I believe) but they accidentally set the editing bay on animorphic instead? How? That seems like something that would be in priority but I guess it wasn't. In short, it looks bad, and I think it was a dumb decision to not include it, I'm aware that the set is supposed to be Wong Kar-Wai's vision of the film like he wanted 27 - 28 years ago but it just doesn't look good. I would've been completely fine if they included how the films originally looked were included on the Blu-ray like how they were on the Criterion Channel (when I had the service) but that doesn't appear to be an option, albeit one of the films, As Tears Go By I believe, have another version of the film, so I'm not sure why they didn't include it on Fallen Angels. Would've been completely preferable since the original is a masterpiece of visuals, and probably the best looking film ever if I had to pick any films. I don't know, but I know the next purchase I make is gonna be worth it because I'm also gonna pick up some more Godzilla films and the original Mothra, as well as the Rebirth of Mothra films, which seem to be good at least. In terms of Kaiju films, I have a lot I need to finish, and it's a LOT, I need to pick up 4 Godzilla films that are on Blu-ray since I have a large portion (unfortunately I don't have the Godzilla Showa Era set from Criterion but my eyes are set on it, so that's gonna be the next goal after I pick up the other films). I'm very happy I got into Kaiju films, they're everything I love, and it took me down a rabbit hole of pretentious film lover, and I don't want to turn into what I hate just yet. That's a problem I've noticed a lot recently, everything feels negative recently and I don't know why, it could be what's around me but I feel it's deeper than that, I might be looking too into it, but what I do know is what makes me happy, and I'm dead set on it, and I've been successful. I recently abandoned my school account for people I know in person because I hated the account with a passion, and the people I followed didn't feel like real friends, or friends at all. I've been through a lot in junior year I purposely haven't talked about here but fear no more, I'm working my hardest to get away from that mindset and I'm happy to say it's going completely well. I did some stuff Tuesday so I might as well talk about it, the first thing I did was shave after almost a month, exciting I know, I don't ever shave unless I have somewhere to go which isn't a lot so I usually never do it, but I felt good afterwards, if I haven't made this clear, although I feel like I have, I despise facial hair. After that I watched Top Gun, because I was gonna see the newest one in theaters and to be honest, it's really boring and not interesting. However, the sequel is amazing, which caught me by surprise, it was a lot of fun to watch and it was far more paced than the original film, you could tell the films's writers wanted to make a really good film, and 100% succeeded in that. The one thing I was surprised about is that it's not nostalgia driven, or as much as the others. I purely think that's killing cinema, nostalgia. The 2022 Scream movie is exactly that, it's so nostalgia it ruins the entire film, and was possibly the worst thing I have ever experienced in cinema, this is derailing but I need to get this out, the 2022 Scream movie might genuinely be the worst film to come out in the last decade, it's so awful, you can't say a bunch of movie tropes as cliches and then do them and have a scapegoat, that's not how it works. I wanna point out that if you also name drop websites like 4chan and Reddit in your movie, it's immediately a bad movie, it doesn't matter how great the plot is, your move is bad, at some points I had to go to the bathroom several times because I just could not stand to watch it. I'm really sorry about that tangent, I just needed to get that out. The new Top Gun movie, Top Gun Maverick, is exactly a perfect sequel, it's a fun idea and it has enough from Top Gun to tell it's Top Gun but enough to be it's own, which is exactly what a reboot should be. I know by default it's a sequel but I mean, it did come out nearly 40 years after the original. I could go on but there's really not more to say. I had Japanese food that day too, before the film and it was genuinely amazing, I had Chicken Katsu which was really good. The restaurant we went to was the one I mentioned in the 05/28/2022 post and it's genuinely a lovely place, the atmosphere is so nice to be around and I genuinely feel great being in there. It's very fun. What else, I've been getting into more Three Six Mafia, which is cool, they're great. I really love the Memphis Rap scene, there's a lot of great stuff, as I said Three Six Mafia, as well as Project Pat, and Tommy Wright III, who are all legends in their own right. I particularly love the lo-fi sound and the instrumentals, it's great, really is a lost art form that needs to come back, I would love to make music like that. With all this talk it reminds me of 36.5 FM, which I haven't forgotten about, just been extremely busy recently. I'm still working on this new episode, which will be out before July I promise, and it's gonna be longer. Guess what came out 3 days ago, yep. The new LOONA mini album, which is titled Flip That, I'm happy about, it's great stuff. The title track is really catchy and it's been stuck in my head since I first heard it, as well as Pose which was featured on Queendom 2 and it might be the best LOONA song to date, genuinely a wonderful song. I'll probably have to do it's own post tomorrow about the review, because there's a lot to talk about. Another thing that popped up is the sudden announcement that Chuu is switching companies, from BlockBerry Creative to another one I can't recall the name of, but I would like to believe she's gonna continue with LOONA, and I'm hoping she does. Of course BBC released a statement about the situation which literally said nothing, surprisingly, and in their typical move, dropped something to cover up, which is there go to for every situation. I'm really disappointed in the company, but I can't do anything about it. One thing about this comeback is that Hyunjin's visuals in particular seem to be her best, she absolutely was made for this concept, and it shows because it's great. I wish I had more to say about it at the moment but I think I overtyped my brain, I'll have some type of post tomorrow though, so don't worry. I feel good and I hope you do too, I'll see you guys in the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOONA Archive!

Goals for 2023 + Life and Blog "Update"

Godzilla's Various American Titles